Wednesday, May 10, 2006



Well, we are down to the final four and last night we got ......ELVIS NIGHT.....
I was pleasantly surprised and thought Taylor and Elliott did an admirable job. I had been dreading hearing Chris sing "Suspicious Minds" as that song kind of became a Clay Aiken song during the Jukebox Tour last Summer. Chris did ok, but I thought both of his songs were boring and just lacked any spark whatsoever. And, poor Katherine, who I have been rooting for was just "OFF"

For your listening enjoyment, here is Clay singing "Suspicious Minds" at the GMA Summer Concert last summer. Enjoy!!! Turn Clay off in the Jukebox in the sidebar to the right before you start the video.




While I think it would be a fantastic upset and an interesting finale, I don't think they will let Taylor and Elliott be in the finals. At this point, in my opinion, they should be. American Idol would have absolutely no idea what to do with either one of them. Chris and Katherine would be easier to market. So, at this point I think it will be Chris and Taylor with Chris winning and Taylor coming in second. Hey, second didn't hurt someone else we know. LOL.

A little eye candy to close my post.




Click to View Full Size
Taken in Raleigh, NC at the JNT05
(I admit to adding a little "stained glass" to the window)

3 comments:

The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

Yum - really. That's the way to sing this. Really, I adore a lot of other singers besides Clay so it's not that I can't see anyone else singing something I heard him sing before. I thought Taylor did a great job with Jailhouse Rock. But Chris's range is so small and the variety that Clay brings to SM was nowhere to be seen in Chris's rendition. That spark just hasn't been there through most of this season.

marhaven said...

Well, how interesting is this. What I wanted to happen instead of what I thought would happen.....well, happened. Chris got the boot!!!

I honestly thought they would bump Kat. Surprise, Surprise.

Jemock said...

Thanks for the "Suspicious Minds" treat. Yum indeed.