Thursday, May 25, 2006



I’m speechless. One of the facets of Clay Aiken that I admire is that there ARE so many facets. Every time you turn around, a different look appears - the look might be in his attitude, his sense of humor or in his hairstyle of the moment. No two pictures are ever the same, he is a photographer’s dream come true. Check out the pictures of Ryan Seacrest, for example, they all look the same - he is one dimensional. Not so with Clay.

Last night Clay stole the show from Kat and Taylor. Not completely, it was their night, but his small segment was without a doubt, one of the funniest skits ever done on AI and will be repeated over and over. The absolute water cooler moment. It was brilliant.

The way Clay treated that young man with such dignity turned what could have been an embarassing moment into a very tender and memorable one. Michael, is obviously a huge fan and to get to meet his idol and sing with him on stage for a few seconds was priceless. Ryan was going to pull him to the side immediately when Clay came out, but I was glad to see Clay stop Ryan and let Michael continue. And, I was equally as glad to see Ryan finally come and get Michael and put him on the stool so we could better concentrate on the new look and the wonderful voice!!!!


Wow, the talk buzzing, buzzing, buzzing about the “new look”. What is it about Clay’s hair that gets people in such a tizzy. It’s just hair. His new hair style makes him look like John Lennon, some say.....but I saw a little Harry Connick, Jr. In there. Reminds me of this album cover, a little....what do you think??




Did I say yet that I thought it was brilliant. Oh yes, I did and it certainly bears repeating. I think this was a gutsy, risky move, a thumbing your nose at the gnats move, a snarky and wonderful skit that has undoubtedly won Mr. Aiken a few new fans. I can’t wait for the album, I hope the rumor (and I feel it is a big rumor) that it might be here by mid July is true. This appearance just has to be followed up on promptly.


Hopefully, those fans who were concerned the album, because it will contain some re-makes of 70's and 80's songs, will now relax. I refuse to use the word “covers”, I hate that word as it seems to infer kaoroke versions of old, frumpy songs. Michael Bolton, no offense to his fans, just produced an album of Frank Sinatra songs. Feel free to call that album a cover album....I will just whip out my old Sinatra LP’s if I feel the need to hear “My Funny Valentine”. No, Clay is going to find some gems that will be adapted to suit his marvelous voice and he WILL knock our socks off. He always has, since the first time we saw the little nerd stand in front of Simon Cowell and announce that he was the next American Idol.

He certainly is.

Technorati tags:









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!

Guess how many hours i watched the Clay performance last night??????

LOL .... what a gorgeous hunk of man!!! And ... oh yes ... supertalented!!!