Tuesday, May 09, 2006

July 20, 2005
Phew! Lots going on in Clay's life right now. Most of it very good, including the TV guide - the pictures are great





and the article is fine and will be accepted by most in the way it was meant- that Clay is all grown up and serious about his music.. Hugs to all Clay fans who felt bad that he seems so unhappy. I don't think he is, I think he's just honest about what he can accept and what he can't. The interviews were positive and funny, the concerts are about to start, so all is well.

I belong in xxx4clay's "The Silent Majority" fan grouping. I think, in the beginning I was a worrier....that first Leno appearance I was pacing and fretting but he did just fine. Oh boy, the first Kimmel show when Clay came out in the audacious, in your face, outfit I think I put most of my worry away. Most of the time I just read the boards, comment occasionally. I'm mostly looking for news, pictures, clack....that kind of stuff.

As I am "on the road" next Thursday I could remain unaware of the concert content until my 1st concert in Greenville (yes, Invisible926, I will be there and hope to meet you). On the other hand, I might have to look into satellite tv for my new vehicle. Hah Hah. Or, I could roam up and down the street looking for a signal on my wireless laptop....yes, that's what I will do. But wait - It will be hot, I will have to have a lot of Starbuck's Cappuchinos.......or hang out in lobbies of big hotels. Let's face it, I won't be able to stand it.

Of course, now that I have to pick up my "rig" in Arkansas I will now be going through Tennessee - the whole length, from Memphis to the Smokies. Never been to Tennessee so this will be exciting. The first night I will stay in Memphis, of course - at the Graceland RV Park. No kidding, it's right next to Graceland!! And, of course, I will take the tour. It is so cool Clay will be doing some "Elvis" in the JBT - there is even a resemblance - check this pic against the one above.



Elvis, of course, IS my generation. I remember going to school dances in 7th and 8th grades and dancing the jitterbug in my turquoise blue complete circle felt skirt. I didn't get the poodle one, darn it!! My mom just wasn't with it. I can't say I was a huge Elvis fan, although I had a few of his albums and I liked a lot of his music. Frankly, I have not been fan girly over any singer or movie star although there are a few that I have consistently liked.


I will have time so I may stay 2 nights in Memphis, then head for Nashville and check it out. Then the Smokies - hey and Dollywood! I'm not much for amusement parks, but it looks like there is a lot of shopping around there. Yes, I've been to the library and checked out all the guide books. Lets see, I have Tennessee, S C, N C, Virginia, Pa, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana.....the girl at the library looked at me kind of funny.

No comments: