Tuesday, May 09, 2006


This is my first blog under Marhaven Musings. The previous blogs were all brought over from my blog at Clay Aiken's fan site. I will continue posting them in both sites as they seem to translate fine.

Today's Topic - Cats.

I have adopted two cats. They come from completely different sources and were not really a planned addition to my household as I have a major move coming up.

A month or so ago we went into Petco and there in a cage was this awesome Siamese Cat. The real thing, beautiful blue eyes, long lanky body, long skinny tail that seems to have a life of it's own. Well, here she is:




Click on Picture to see full Size


She is two years old and was brought to animal control. A dog rescue group immediately rescued her and brought her to Petco along with some of their dogs. Here she is up on the top of the cabinets and the question mark she makes with her tail is because she is wondering why I am screaming "Don't knock off the Fiestaware".




What the heck is Fiestaware??

Her original name was "Muddy". Muddy? What the heck kind of name is that? She is much too elegant to be muddy. So we tossed names around and when my son said "Jasmine" I knew that was it. Jazzy, for short.

So, a month goes by and my neighbors are having a garage sale and I wander over to say hi and check for any books. Three darling kittens are sitting in this large dog carrier. The husband had brought them home from work as the mother cat had been killed by a car and the kittens were orphaned. They were about 4 weeks old. I begged off adopting one because I already HAD a cat I didn't mean to have .... and finally, when advised they were going to the pound if they didn't find homes this weekend, I relented and said to let me know if they had to do that.

Yep, on Sunday they show up at my door with one little kitten. They found homes for all three and one guy didn't come back to pick his up. Well, to make matters worse, it was the cutest of the bunch.




How could you even think of sending me to the pound??


I haven't really named her yet, but I think "Baby" is going to stick. She is so tiny, usually kittens are 6-8 weeks old before they are adopted. The first day or two was rough because I didn't know how Jazzy was going to take to this new creature getting in her way. But it worked out and now they are the best of friends and when you hear the thud of little feet running through the house it could be Baby chasing Jazzy or Jazzy chasing Baby. Baby does not back down!!






The Baby gets into everything and likes to sleep on my feet while I am sitting at the computer. All the cords, etc are a fascination for her, so I have had to try to tidy them up a bit so she can't chew on them.




Hmm, I wonder what she keeps in here.


Another shot of Jazzy that I ran through the watercolor filter on Photoshop Elements.





It's going to be fun having cats in the house again. It's been several years and I miss the company.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. Your cats are cool!!

Samantha

Anonymous said...

Omigosh, Cindy, Jazzy is be-YOO-tiful! She is SO regal...and Siamese LOL, which says it all.
My Mom used to have a Siamese cat and she had them wound around her tail like nobody's business.
And baby...she looks like she's at least part ragdoll...which will mean she's a real cuddler. A great complement to Mrs (probably) Stand-offish-until-I-want-YOU.
Enjoy them!
PS you can see my blog here as well, mygreatadventure2.

Lori