Tuesday, May 09, 2006

April 15, 2006

Thought I would share a few more bird pictures with you on this quiet Holiday weekend.

I get a lot of mourning doves and finches, and usually don't bother taking their pictures, but the other day I gave it a whirl and here are a couple.





Clickable - Guess we could call this one Doves and Lavender






Coming in for a landing....






Guess you could call this a "finch kiss".....

I love the cactus wrens that come, they have such pretty coloring and speckles and stuff....here's one with a fat little tummy.





The curved bill thrashers are a little intimidating with their huge beaks and red eyes, but in this pic it looks like the sun feeder is looking on with kindness, don't you think?






A couple of new birds recently. The white crowned sparrow only comes through here on a migratory pattern, but they visited me for a couple of days. This is through the window, so not so good...






And, lastly I was very excited to see this guy in my yard as it is only the second cardinal I have ever seen. They are spectacular looking birds. Catch your attention right away!!






Everyone have a nice weekend and those that celebrate Easter, I hope you have a wonderful one.

No comments: