Tuesday, May 09, 2006

March 11, 2006
I haven't blogged in so long, I forget how!! Seriously!! I got such a kick out of Clay's spontaneous, spur of the moment trip to the other side of the world that I had to take the pictures from Zagreb and make them into a scrapbook page.

I have just discovered digital scrapbooking and am having a blast making family pages. The only scrapbooking I have done before was for all the Clay concerts I have gone to. (Insert blush emoticon here)

The kids got me Photoshop Elements for Christmas and once I finally figured out what the heck a layer was and that I could move them around to get various effects...well, I was off to do digital.

I have finally decided to do my genealogy scrapbook digitally. I had started a regular scrapbook, but was unhappy with the results, so I put it aside. By going to digital, I can share it with my siblings and it will be preserved forever. I have tons of family pictures going back to the beginning of cameras - some I don't even know who they are. I even have a tintype of a great aunt who I actually met a few times.

My dad and I used to get the family pictures out and go through them and he would tell me all the stories about the people. We sat down once and made a code sheet and put a sticker with the code on the back of each picture so I, and those that follow me, would know who the people are.

But, I digress. My purpose here is to post my Zagreb Vacation Scrapbook Page. LOL.

Whoops - can't post it here. Official fanclub pics used. Sorry.

We are quite ready for album news, Clay!!

No comments: