Tuesday, May 09, 2006

March 28, 2006

OK, so my blogger is fixed, I guess I should blog!! What have I been doing while I am waiting for news of Clay’s CD....ok, back to Digital Scrapbooking. I played with a page for my Heritage Scrapbook. In an earlier blog I mentioned I was going to put a lot of old family pictures into digital scrapbook pages so they could be shared with family .....and, in this case, friends - that would be you!!

Those of you that do all the wonderful banners and blends and wallpapers, just skip this part, because you are way ahead of me. Here’s how I did this page. I was on a scrapbooking website where they have contests using colors and this weeks had four colors I liked although I only used two on this page. I created a new 12 X 12 blank page and remember my little eyedropper thingie? I copied the teal color and filled in my blank page. Then the next layer is that swirly thing on top of the teal....made it a little bigger and moved it around until I was satisfied. Then I added the stitching and the keys from a free scrapbooking kit I had downloaded. Mix and march is wonderful. Next I picked out three pictures of dad when he was young, scanned them, cropped them, spent a lot of time with the blemish tool blanking out white spots....probably should have spent more time on that one, I have very little patience. Plopped the pictures on top of the pile of layers, then I added the purply strips and using my eyedropper borrowed the second color from the contest page. Added all the lettering, put frames around the pictures and voila ! ! !






Clickable

This is really a lot of fun and very therapeutic....I didn’t stress about anything for quite awhile while I was putting this together. And, I have lots of pictures. I promise I won’t bore you with any more of these, just wanted to show you a neat way to preserve your ancestry.

Clay.......it’s at least 10 past “quite soon”.....

No comments: