Thursday, May 11, 2006

One of the side benefits of finding Clay is finding other artists to enjoy. This has happened to me via sites like Rate the Music and Promosquad. I got hooked on these sites because of Clay and have had to sit through a lot of nasty stuff in Promosquad. RTM is not so bad as you can choose the kind of music you like. Promosquad now asks you to provide a radio station you like and play available music that is in the same genre as that station. When they have presented all that to you.....then comes the rap.

One day I got a notice from RTM that a survey was available for one song. I clicked on it, had never heard of the artist. Listened. Hmmm. don't know what that was about, but it was nice. Get into Google. Nah, couldn't be a country music artist. Well, yes it could.


And the rest is history. I have only been to a few Keith Urban concerts, compared to how many of Clay's I have attended. He doesn't wear a hat and he doesn't wear boots. But his concerts are energetic and lots of fun. Definately country rock. Don't ask how many Clay concerts I have attended. I won't tell you. It's embarassing.

A video I thought Clay Fans might appreciate. Think "The Way".....and skateboards. Turn Clay off in the Jukebox in the sidebar to the right before you start the video.



A couple of pictures I took at a concert. The flying hair one cracks me up. Clickable.







So, that's my little story about how I found Keith. Now, the other day, while I was doing Promosquad I heard another song that caught my attention and I went googling again. This guy really is a little....well, obscure. He has no album out yet, but appears to be working on one, in fact when I inquired on his message board if anyone knew when the album was coming out, he responded personally and said "quite soon". Or something close to that. LOL. No, it's not Clay, but a young man by the name of Jared Lee. He's cute and bright and his voice is appealing to me. Click on the little icon below to hear a song called "Why do I have to Choose". It has become an earworm for me, I can't get it out of my head. I really think he has possibilities.

(Hee, I have to go back over to his site to get the link, guess I'll listen once more)





Links for Promosquad and Rate the Music in case you want to check them out. In Promosquad there are three main areas of interst, the Jukebox, Polls and Fame Gauge. Clay doesn't have any songs in the jukebox right now, but his name does come up in the Fame Gauge and you can rate him there.

Promosquad

Rate the Music

Technorati tags:


3 comments:

sw said...

Promosquad now asks you to provide a radio station you like and play available music that is in the same genre as that station. When they have presented all that to you.....then comes the rap.

For some reason when I read this I read it as "then comes all the crap." :)

marhaven said...

Well, yes....one and the same.

luckiest1 said...

Thanks for the Keith Urban video and the link to the Jared Lee song. I enjoyed them both! And I definitely see the similarities to The Way, right down to the skateboarder. Kind of freaky, actually! Of course, thanks for the Clay videos and pictures too, but that goes without saying. *g*

I also have been involved in genealogy on the net. Haven't dug my project out in a couple of years, but maybe now is the time to do so. I really enjoyed looking at all the old postcards and pictures you've linked here. It's amazing how you may start looking in one direction, only to find yourself taking a sudden and unexpected turn when you stumble on a new piece of information.