Monday, May 08, 2006

July 9, 2005
Gosh, I hope all the storms are over by the time I have to hit the road as I am taking Route 20 across to Greenville. Even more, I hope the storms pass by and everyone is safe. I am planning to camp most nights, with motel/hotels on concert nights ao between Yahoo travel and my Woodall’s North American Campground Directory I have been busily planning this excursion.

I also use Microsoft Streets and Trips, which tells me it should take 4 days to get from my house to Greenvile, so I figured on 5 so I didn’t have to rush.. I plotted it out so, 1st night I would be stopping in El Paso, Texas. Never been there. Woo Hoo, another pin on my map!! The hardest part, I think will be getting through Texas….second night I will be near Abilene –another name that conjures up the old West for me!! Then I can get up and brave getting through Dallas on my way thru Lousiana to the Mississippi border and the town of Vicksburg.. I will probably stay at the Battleground Kampground….well, just because. Vicksburg was the scene of a 47 day siege during the Civil War. Read about it here :


http://americancivilwar.com/vicks.html

My 4th night will be somewhere around Atlanta. And, why aren’t I going to the concert in Atlanta? Well, I think it’s because I wanted my 1st concert to be in a smaller, more intimate venue and I have never been able to locate what seemed to be a good ticket in Atlanta. The tables on the floor are confusing.

So, up the next morning for a short drive to Greenville. Can’t wait.

Clay content? I’m on my way to SEE HIM!!!!!

No comments: