Monday, July 17, 2006

I've been kind of taking a break from the message boards and blogging the last couple of weeks. In addition, my internet has been up and down for a week and I just know I will lose something once I get started. Plus, I don't have much to say, which is unusual for me. I can usually be counted on to have an opinion on just about anything.

Did do a couple of scrapbooking challenges. The first one was to do one about a nature subject so I put together this one about the Black Chinned Hummingbirds that frequent my feeders.



I learned a new technique the other day that I incorporated in the hummer picture. A site called Photoshopelementsuser.com has some tutorials that are useful. In fact, although it is kind of pricy at $49 a year, I think I might join for the premium version as they have a scrapbooking section. Anyway, I had a picture of my DIL and GD. One had a purple dress and the other a turquoise blouse. I looked for a paper that worked with the clothing and couldn't come up with anything I liked. So I tried to change the colors of the clothes to match a paper and that worked for the blouse, but the dress was a mess. Then I wandered into the aforementioned site and discovered how to motion blur and radial blur a picture so that you got an abstract "paper" that you could use as a background. It worked great.



That is what I did on the hummer picture, as well. The background is just the big picture of the hummer blurred. Kinda cool, Huh?






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marhaven!

I saw your link over at the Clayboard a little while ago and thought I would drop by to see some of your blogs. I am also a huge fan of Clay and love reading other fans' posts about OMC. I love how you also incorporate your scrapbooking pages into your blogs. I am also into scrapbooking, but have never done any digital pages before. I think they look really cool! Well, just wanted to drop by and say 'Hello'!

MonicaJuliet