Tuesday, June 06, 2006


The scrapbooking challenge for the Day was to do a page about yourself. Most of us do tend to create scrapbooks of our kids and/or events around us. I dislike pictures of myself, so I have always been the one with the camera in hand. But, the theme of this challenge was "Back in the Days". Hee. Ok, I can deal with pictures of me when I was six years old.

Back in the Days, when I was in first grade it was safe to walk around our small town and it was ok to have Roy Rogers six shooters around your waist and play cowboys and Indians. Back in the Days, during the mid-fifties we used to go to the movies on a Saturday afternoon for a quarter and ten cents for the popcorn. And we walked to the movies by ourselves....no one drove us.





The cowboy movies were my favorites. I never warmed up to the Lone Ranger and some of the others, but Roy Rogers was pretty darn impressive. And cute. And he could sing, too. And, let's not forget Trigger. Oh, I had all the gear....the guns and the bandana and the hat. I think someone got me a Gene Autry sweatshirt, but oh well, I wore that, too. I had the lunchpail and thermos - went to find a picture and this one just sold for $750
Gotta love e-bay. Roy Rogers memorabilia brings in big bucks these days. I found a 4 ft high plastic store display that sold at auction for $9900.

Back in the Days, I should have left everything in its box and stored it for my college education!!

Anyway, back to my scrapbook challenge....the website provided a little kit with some papers (backgrounds) and hearts and misc stuff I didn't use. The barbed wire I found when I was looking for a picture of a western belt and gave up on finding one that wasn't coiled ... I like the barbed wire better anyway. Here is the result of my afternoon playtime.






Click on Scrapbook Page to View Larger Size

A couple of years ago the kids gave me a Roy Roger's birthday. I got this:






and a book and a pinball game and DVD's, etc. It was a blast. By the way, that ceramic piece shown above is increasing in value....heee!!!

Oh, and I added a new Clay song from one of his demo's. I always call it "Saddle up your Horses" but I believe the correct title is "The Great Adventure". At any rate, it is the closest song I could find for our cowboy theme today. Enjoy.



Technorati tags:








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome digital page. Very cute and detailed. Nice work!

The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

That song always makes me laugh! What a great blog. I love the Cowboy Stuff!

Anonymous said...

Roy was also my hero when I was young......... the late 40's ...... Clay is the only other entertainer I have ever been excited about.

I shook Roy's hand at a rodeo..... said I would never wash it again LOL I also shook Clay's hand...........