Sunday, June 11, 2006

Pic's can be Clicked (twice) to make larger


Today's scrapbooking challenge was to do a double page travel layout. A double page layout is two pages that blend and are meant to be displayed as, for example, page2 and 3 in a book. While I have tons of travel pics of my own, I had just scanned a bunch of old pictures and I decided to do a heritage page.

My dad's grandfather died in 1923 and his father in 1925. In 1925 or early 1926 my Dad, who would have been 21, took his grandmother and mother on a Mediterranean vacation. My great grandmother was devastated at the loss of her husband and son so close together. I have her diaries and on the day her son died she wrote her last entry saying "My life is over, my beloved Philip is gone". She followed them in death late in 1926, leaving my father & his mother without three of the most important people in their lives.


My dad talked a little bit about this trip, the highlight seemed to be attempting to swim in the Dead Sea....it is so salty you bob around like a cork, can't sink if you wanted to. While it was obviously perfectly safe to go to the Dead Sea in the 20's I'm not so sure I would want to go today.

With father's day coming up in a week I may do a couple more pages about my dad.....heaven knows I have cartons of pictures to do it with.

Technorati tags:





No comments: