Saturday, August 19, 2006

Gah. Last week we thought we had the album cover picture.

Love the picture, Love the bold typeface...... I am getting very excited about this album, I think it will surprise some people, fascinate some people, and entertain us all enormously. And, I certainly hope the "actual" album cover is even more striking than this one....cuz I like this one very much....

Although I have added a link to Clay's myspace account to the sidebar on the right, I want to put the link here Clay Aiken MySpace and I recommend going to listen to what is reported to be his first single off the new album. Notice I didn't say it IS the single off his next album as we haven't heard it from either he or RCA. I wasn't too sure about "covers" because of the negative value placed on the WORD covers. I have purchased cover albums and have always enjoyed hearing a favorite artist singing songs I have loved in the past. After hearing this song I can't wait to hear the rest of the songs, because "Without You" is stunning.

Hopefully, this album will be embraced by the fans as well as the general public. I think it will, the heavy promotion at Walmart in their SoundCheck series should be huge in first week sales. A few television promo's and appearances and we should be good to go. I get to see him in Hollywood at the Jimmy Kimmel show on 9/26!!!!

Check out my new counter for days, hours and minutes until the release of the new album.

Technorati tags:




4 comments:

Dianne Barbee said...

Marhaven,

I never tire of looking at that pix and listening to "Without You." Neither do a lot of people with whom I have shared the link.

For those with issues at MySpace, the song is also playing here:

http://www.clayaiken.com/news.php

Have a great day!

Caro

Unknown said...

Hey mar!

love your blog.

It's actually Wal Mart's SoundCheck feature... not SoundScan.

Soundscan is the service that tracks album sales.

marhaven said...

Hee, Senior moment, I guess.

Thanks

Jannet said...

We can't seem to get enough of that picture, can we? Or the single!

There has just GOT to be a quicker route to September 19th!