Sunday, August 13, 2006

Baby Kitty & the Lizard. The other day my (formerly) sweet and innocent kitten brought me a present, which she dropped right at my bare feet while I was sitting at my desk. The present immediately started to scurry around and I launched myself onto the top of my desk, getting those bare feet out of the way. As my camera was on the desk, I got a few pictures before I felt it was time to intercede and rescue the critter. Baby had to be locked in the laundry room as she was beside herself with the joy of the hunt and I was able to sweep the lizard back out onto the patio. I loathe the things, mostly because they can move so fast. Anyway, here is a little slide show of Baby Kitty's day.


RockYou slideshow | View | Add Favorite



Technorati tags:


4 comments:

Dianne Barbee said...

Marhaven,

Love Baby Kitty's story, as well as the neat slide show accompanying the retelling. And then there's that gorgeous VOX singing to me. Awesome!

My blogs are located here at Carolina On My Mind. Have a great day!

Caro

Anonymous said...

Marhaven, your blog brought me back some memories of my son's lizard, Iggy. He was one of those small gecko type lizards - smaller than the one Baby Kitty brought home as a toy. ;-)

Anyway, my teenage son brought Iggy home one day and begged me to let him keep it. I said "ok, but as long as you take care of it, make sure to feed it, etc." Of course, that lasted for maybe a week. Then the poor thing was left to starve in its dirty aquarium. I ended up rounding up crickets and trapping spiders off the outside walls of my house so that Iggy wouldn't die of starvation. My neighbours must have thought I had lost my mind.

One summer day, it was beautiful outside and I thought Iggy might appreciate the fresh air and sunlight. If you're familiar with lizards, they like to bask in the sun - turn green when they are happy and warm. So, I bring Iggy's aquarium out on the covered patio for the afternoon. Only STUPID me forgot that the sun shifts during the day and when I finally looked out and saw Iggy's aquarium in the full sun, I gasped and ran out to move him back to the shade.

Too late. Iggy was fried. Glowing green. I thought that meant he was still alive, just happy and warm, but he was very dead.

Yes, I killed Iggy. Buried him in a matchbox in the back yard. Still have nightmares about the poor little thing.

That is MY very sad, lizard tale. May Iggy rest in peace.

Adanaca/Canucker

WRU said...

You have a beautiful cat!

Southern Girl said...

Yikes! I'm glad my cat never goes outside...I don't need any presents like THAT. That was a big ol' lizard!