Sunday, July 13, 2008

Door County, Wi
Peninsula State Park
Camping Trip
July, 2008

Door County has always been on my list of places to visit. Last week the kids decided to go camping at Peninsula State Park and I went along for a couple of nights. My short visit certainly whetted my appetite - I will be returning soon for a longer stay. Peninsula State Park is huge - here is a link for their website: Peninsula State Park

The campsites here are wooded and shady, the bathrooms have flush toilets and free showers with hot water, there is a beach, lots of waterfront to fish from and lots, lots more. We went during the week and had no trouble getting a site, but if you want to go on a weekend plan ahead. Way ahead.

Some scenes from the beach:




Everyone enjoyed the beach and joined in the fun:




Click to make Larger

In addition to the usual birds -



Mallard


Ring-Billed Gull
Click to make Larger


I discovered lots of wildflowers. Here are a few. All are clickable.




Oxeye Daisy


Spotted Knapweed


St John's Wort


Wood Anemone
Click to make Larger


Door County is a magical place I plan to visit again. Barely scratched the surface this first trip. The antique stores as you enter Egg Harbor are calling me back. I stopped at a market store and sampled cherry strudel, cherry salsa and chunky cherry jam. Yummy stuff.

Here is a link to the main Door County website where you can check it all out.

Door County

See you there!!

Technorati tags:













No comments: