Saturday, May 19, 2007

More Ancestor Sightings.....

I spent some time recently starting a little story about one of my collateral ancestors who had always interested me. Then, while googling, I discovered someone else had already put a story together and had done it so much better than I could ever do.

In a nutshell:

Two of my 4th great grandfathers were brothers, Jonathan and Ebenezer Zane. Yes, this makes me my own 6th cousin. There was another brother by the name of Isaac. When Isaac was 9 and Jonathan a couple of years older they were captured by an Indian raiding party and ended up in the Wyandotte camp of Tarhe. Tarhe adopted Isaac and Jonathan was returned to his family. Tarhe had married a French girl reputed to be of the Durant line. Their daughter Myeerah was a childhood friend of Isaac and when Isaac came of age the two were married. He was 18 and when their first child was born Myeerah was 14. Isaac returned many times to his birth family, but always came back to his beautiful Indian bride.

I won't get into it all here, as it has already been done for me - Click here and follow along with the story of Myeerah and Isaac.

Myeerah

There are a lot of interesting links. Enjoy.

Technorati tags:







No comments: