Saturday, September 02, 2006

My first Northern Cardinal pictures
I was raised in California where Cardinals do NOT visit and so, when I moved to Arizona, I was excited to discover Cardinals frequent the SE part of the state. Now, I'm kind of in the central part of the state, but I had my fingers crossed.

I saw my first one in a restaurant where they had a bunch of bird feeders outside the window. Then, one day a few months ago I heard a different bird call and went to investigate what it was. I'm not good at identifying which bird call is which, but I knew this was not one of my usual woodpeckers, cactus wrens, etc.

There was a cardinal sitting on my hanging bird feeder. I almost tripped over myself getting the camera and catching a couple of so-so pictures. I only saw him twice and he was gone.

One of the pic's is kind of nice after I PS'd it a little.


Today's scrapbooking challenge was colors again. This is the color pallet.



Hmm. Wanted to do something with a bird pic today but these colors didn't seem to go so I used the blur feature in PS filters to get a random blurred background and went from there. Not sure if it really works, but I kind of like the effect. And, I used all the colors from the challenge. They're there. Honest.





Technorati tags:





1 comment:

geni said...

beautiful blog. i have tried to add you to the links on my blog..."geniblogs". could use a little help. thanks